Mission, Vision & Values
the core values at grand view university provide a foundation for faculty, staff, and students to fulfill the mission and achieve the vision of the institution.
grand view university engages, equips, and empowers students to fulfill their individual potential and serve society. committed to the development of the whole person – mind, body and spirit – and to preparing students for successful careers and responsible citizenship both in their communities and in a diverse and changing world, grand view offers a liberal arts education that:
- challenges students to inquire with a disciplined and critical mind, communicate effectively, and display an awareness of the global issues that affect us all.
- creates a community of learners where differing perspectives are welcome, where friendly interaction is the norm, and where intellectual and personal integrity is expected and modeled.
- offers a supportive environment where students can engage in community with others, discern life purpose, and grow in leadership.
- affirms christian faith and ethics as a vision for life, a vision that enhances our respect for the diversity and dignity of all people, for relating to others, and for the pursuit of lifelong learning.
informed by its danish lutheran heritage, grand view is a school for life.
with boldness and confidence, we will…
- provide a rigorous education that prepares students for successful careers and inspired lives;
- afford this opportunity to all qualified students, including those who have been under-represented in college populations;
- preserve the virtues of independent, residential, church-related, liberal arts education for future generations;
- blend the strengths of engaging and interactive in-class experiences with appropriate technologies to enrich learning and extend our reach;
- build community ties that enhance life in the region and add value for our students.
by doing these things well, we can emerge as a leader within the higher education community and provide excellence in teaching the next generation of students.
read about our lutheran heritage